Friday, March 20, 2009

See Kai Learn

Is it just me or does anyone else think that pre-school is waaaay too expensive? I do so I am doing something about it. Coming soon.... a blog for Mom's with preschoolers showing the how to do preschool at home. There will be daily lessons (or weekly, we will see how I do!) with fun activities and songs and great pointers for parents! I plan on calling it See Kai Learn! So what do you think? Good idea or bad idea? I have found many great resources and one of them is a retired Montisorri prschool teacher who is going to share EVERYTHING she knows about being a preschool teacher. We are with our children all day long... wouldn't it be nice if for just a bit you and your child were ingaged in intersting, STIMULATING, educational FUN TOGETHER!?!? I really want to make this useful so if you have any, ANY books or web sites or anything about preshool please let me know! Really, what do you think?!?!?

9 comments:

Britt said...

I think it is a great idea! You are such a go getter! Ohh look at you! Good luck, the internet is always full of ideas!

Mark and Emily said...

That is a great idea Cindy, I love the title too, very cute!! Good luck!

Lisa said...

AMEN Cindy!!! We haven't put either of our girls in preschool because of the cost, and for the fact that I can teach them--like you said--we are with them 24/7!!! I would love to see what you come up with! Great idea!!!

Unknown said...

I love it. I've been trying to teach Annabelle letter sounds and things of that nature but the only resource I have is this web site called starfall.com. Its pretty cool and SHe's learned most of her letters. and so I'm just kinda stuck at this point. our city library so wimpy which stinks too. anyway I'm looking forward to our first lesson.

Unknown said...

oh also my sister Allison is trying to get away and come down to see you when you are visiting us!!! Exciting huh. nothing official yet but she's working on it.

Riggs Familia said...

Sounds great!
I have started a pre-school co-op here. It's been working out great. I could always use more ideas, though! And yes, preschool is a rip off!

Susan said...

That is a great idea, I love it.

Bridget said...

I don't think pre school is very expensive. Atleast not here but in Hawaii EVERYTHING is to expensive! Here I only pay $95.00 a month for M,W,F 9-12 and it's so worth it. It's less then I was paying for those hours in daycare and they need to go to learn the structure of a classroom. I wasn't going to put Jorgen in and his daycare provider explained how it teaches them discipline for "real" school. It's about much more then the abc's I would NOT recomment skipping it. Sorry! Just honest opinion. I didn't believe anyone until I had Jorgen go but he sits and listens alot more now.

Ashleigh said...

This sounds great cindy! I really look forward to learning from this blog you plan on doing. I am so cheap and I actually think that 95 bones a month is ALOT! but, like i said, i am cheap. I do plan on putting claire in some kind of preschool, maybe for 1 year before she starts kindergarden but its still good to know things to teach our children. Great Idea Cindy! I look forward to what you guys can come up with. We need more creative people like you in this world.